CHUCK NORRIS!
Lien | Répondre | Citation
 CSA_B_H_Helm

Posted 7 August 2014 - 3:10 pm
ralber
 CSA_B_H_Helm

Posted 7 August 2014 - 3:15 pm
I haven't read through all of the posts, but most of what I have read is utter nonsense. Legendary really only describes a few players to ever play this game. To qualify, you'd have to be at the very top of the game, and you'd have to remain there for some time. As someone who was addicted to aoe/aok/aoc from 1998-2005, and then again from 2010-present, only 4 people really jump out at me:

1. Daut
2. Chris
3. Lance
4. Koven - Koven is probably most qualified to be described as legendary because he was widely accepted to be the very best player during his time (which spanned several years), and just as importantly, he had an aura of mystery that surrounded him. The community went crazy whenever a recording of him surfaced, and it was RARE for those recordings to be released back then.

I'm sure there are a select few others that fit the mold, but not many.

1 koven was way better & he was moving screens at impossible speed, end up with best dark age eco leading by reaching feudal with same pop as opponent
 7sins

Posted 12 August 2014 - 4:12 am
Sheriff for being first person adding game various different approches... he is also first play as test player of AOC. Means a lot.

Koven for his micro and chinese game play before patch

Grund for winning against Koven and others.

Chris for being European and play like a solid paladin. He is good at strategy.

Daut for being an ashole and rescue himself terrbile positions and win at the end.

Viper for his micro and ambition for staying as number 1.

Stalin for his macro with micro management.

and many others.... W clan for michi for example. Golems for being always noobs.

I hate Tyrants cause all players become Tyrant.... There is no meaning left. Split pls.
 [NUK3]Fried_chick3n

Edited 13 August 2014 - 6:28 am by [NUK3]Fried_chick3n
DAMN im sure am glad CHILENOX is not here that fag sucks ass
 SirKillAlot

Posted 16 August 2014 - 7:36 am
W clan for michi? lol i think more like AdiX.
Chris is Canadian not European
and i think you mean Grunt not Grund
 [PoesBeer]Octopoes

Posted 3 September 2014 - 10:42 pm
Koven, especially for coming back! =)

Also: Occie_is_een_OG, for his revolutionary Saracen strategies ;1thumbup
 [sT]DJ_SNAKE

Posted 3 September 2014 - 11:55 pm
The Shredder
This guy
 [sT]DJ_SNAKE

Posted 3 September 2014 - 11:55 pm
The Shredder
This guy
 Diggle_

Posted 6 September 2014 - 4:59 pm
8thwonder,
 DaRq_MiNoS

Edited 24 September 2014 - 10:19 am by DaRq_MiNoS
Post is about AOE1? From the early days of AOE (pre-AOK):

DVT_Cool -- first guy to figure out how to do fast Bronze age using shorefishing.

The_Sheriff_ -- legendary micro, lightning fast rushes. I remember people talking about him after playing him. He was the guy that came up with the "dance" where you run the unit the enemy is targeting around. He also used to send his cavalry at siege in a zig-zag so that the siege couldn't hit them effectively before they closed in.

_Methos_ST -- Can't believe no one has mentioned him yet. Genius in game theory and IIRC he had well over 2k rating in chess. Used to write popular strategy articles at Gx.

Celestial_Dawn -- wrote the famous "crappy bronzing" guide to doing a moderately fast bronze while walling in, then massing chariot archers.

maimin_matty -- best AOE player.

aloha_ranger (atsq) -- another top player

The first 6 months that AOK came out, maimin_matty, aloha_ranger (atsq), and _Methos_ST were the top players in AOK. The first few months there were no rated rooms yet, so everyone played on Cases Ladder if anyone remember's that. Was an independant rating system. Atsq and matty kept trading the top slot on that ladder... then quit playing around when rated came out.
When the rated rooms came out, _Methos_ST was the top rated player for the first few months, until he was hired to balance Empire Earth and quit playing. That's when Koven took over.
 [7WOA]Tears4Fears

Posted 4 October 2014 - 10:20 pm
WOA_RoNaLdO. But he's gay, like max crazy. 11.
 [MPD]Kenny_Dalglish

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:45 am
memb
 ThePredator_

Posted 31 October 2014 - 5:48 am
viper
 ThePredator_

Posted 31 October 2014 - 5:49 am
I haven't read through all of the posts, but most of what I have read is utter nonsense. Legendary really only describes a few players to ever play this game. To qualify, you'd have to be at the very top of the game, and you'd have to remain there for some time. As someone who was addicted to aoe/aok/aoc from 1998-2005, and then again from 2010-present, only 4 people really jump out at me:

1. Daut
2. Chris
3. Lance
4. Koven - Koven is probably most qualified to be described as legendary because he was widely accepted to be the very best player during his time (which spanned several years), and just as importantly, he had an aura of mystery that surrounded him. The community went crazy whenever a recording of him surfaced, and it was RARE for those recordings to be released back then.

I'm sure there are a select few others that fit the mold, but not many.

+1 Chris is the mastermind of AOC

123456789101112[13]14151617
Displaying 181 - 195 out of 255 posts
Raccourcis de forum
15 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 15 guests