Forwarding not allowed..

dindi_

Posted 4 February 2018 - 2:22 pm
Hello there,
After several attempts to forward ports, I finally understood that as the title tells forwarding is not allowed here in my country for my service called "Ipko".
I use a router called TP-Link and a modem called Scientific Atlanta, but after trying several attempts I understood that forwarding is not allowed on my service, I called them if they can open a port for me but that is not possible. I can access Tp-Link router but not at Scientific Atlanta modem, so forwarding won't work for me no matter what I do (I can't forward via only Tp-Link).

I know that VPN is not recommended from Voobly, but I don't see any other choice.
My question is what kind of VPN is the best for Voobly? (If it is possibly free, I can pay also).
Lien | Répondre | Citation
 [LyF]JimmY

Posted 4 February 2018 - 5:06 pm
Have you tried switching it off and on again?
 dindi_

Posted 4 February 2018 - 6:25 pm
Thanks Jimmy I have tried it, u are so funny.
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 4 February 2018 - 6:38 pm
[You must login to view link] provides some tips.

However it is a bit hard to understand what you are saying. Are either your router and modem located off-site? If they are both at your location then you can forward ports on them, and they have nothing really to do with your ISP in this regard.

Generally speaking forwarding has nothing to do with the internet and is a lot more about the internal structure of your connection over LAN.

Also you should be able to access it from your computer if both are located at the same place. I.e your router will provide a gateway address to your modem, and thinking then that your modem is just another router no? modems are older tech IMO, or really crappy mobile tech nowadays anyway I think. So both are likely routers.

Hope that helps, there are one or two good techies here. Although you should of posted in the tech section and not general discussion.
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 4 February 2018 - 6:42 pm
Actually if it is a modem then it should already be direct. Routers are more about firewalled protection.

[You must login to view link]
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 4 February 2018 - 7:02 pm
You can answer yourself if you are willing to google..

Even though VPN for me wouldn't be used for gaming since it adds to ping/latency times. Those are low costs but IMO you would be better off finding a ISP that provided a true service.
 dindi_

Posted 4 February 2018 - 8:36 pm
Thanks fobbix for your reply,
Okay as I told u I have tried every possible way to open forward 16000 port on my PC but lately, I found out that my modem is accessible only at my service office, so forwarding is impossible for me.

And yeah as u said to google best VPN for gaming.
I did this my friend, and when I bought one month a PrivateTunnel vpn it didn't work on voobly that is why I made thread here to see if someone is using VPN and which one....

Ohh and sorry for posting here in general chat i'm not an active user on voobly didn't know where to post.
 kitt

Posted 4 February 2018 - 10:45 pm
hi
the atlanta is just a modem and logs you in to the isp, you do not need to access it. you can accesss the tp link
Quote:
1. Make certain that the router is powered on before it restarts completely. 2. The default IP address is 192.168.0.1(or [You must login to view link] ), and the default login username and password both are admin (all lower case). 3.
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 4 February 2018 - 10:53 pm
Well if the question is see whether anyone else is using VPN here then it is in the right thread.

Techies on here would probably know best though, I.e. be able to guide you through the process.

Personally if it was me I would try a couple of free ones out first and see how that goes for you. Actually in terms of Voobly's utility it should show straight away whether it works or not.

There are a few other users in DM that run Voobly that could do with VPN's too. I think [MICHI_]WaterStrider had the same problem but I don't know what solution he found, I'll send him a message but don't know when he will be back on. And whether he checks his messages or not.
 zahin

Edited 5 February 2018 - 4:18 pm by zahin
dindi_ wrote:
Thanks Jimmy I have tried it, u are so funny.
First of all, jimmy was never funny in his humble life.He was always serious when he was born.He never laughed once in his lifetime.So, when he tells the solution then that is the SOLUTION!!!

BTW i tried open vpn for voobly but it didn't worked.Only this thing worked for me-[You must login to view link] but their server is down now.Hope u find a way ;flowers
 [LyF]JimmY

Posted 6 February 2018 - 1:08 pm
zahin wrote:
First of all, jimmy was never funny in his humble life.He was always serious when he was born.He never laughed once in his lifetime.So, when he tells the solution then that is the SOLUTION!!!

BTW i tried open vpn for voobly but it didn't worked.Only this thing worked for me-[You must login to view link] but their server is down now.Hope u find a way ;flowers

You're like the son I should have had.
 zahin

Posted 6 February 2018 - 2:36 pm
[LyF]JimmY wrote:
You're like the son I should have had.
WAIT!!!! aren't you my father! ;shock ;bigshock ;KO
 c0lab

Posted 22 February 2018 - 5:41 pm
Its not your fault OP, its the fact you live in a 3rd world country. ;p
 Seldom_Pooper

Posted 22 February 2018 - 6:13 pm
Your ISP should not block ports. Complain to them; scold them. After that is sorted out, make sure u have to forwarded port in your router.

[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts
Raccourcis de forum
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

What's popular right now: