Why are we not playing new civs?

[MaJoR]_Wolf_

Posted 25 September 2016 - 8:04 pm
Hey all,

When aok came out, it created this amazing community. I still remember the day when aoc came out. The excitement to add new civs made random random games much more fun and it took frank on frank games to the new hun era. Aoc created a glorious rebirth in the game.

They added 3 new civs a few years ago with the African kingdoms. Why is everyone still only playing aoc? Do the new civs suck? Is it a technical reason that the new civs don't work on voobly?

Coke
Lien | Répondre | Citation
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 25 September 2016 - 8:52 pm
to keep long story short it was a lag fest with terrible problems at the start
 [MaJoR]_Wolf_

Posted 26 September 2016 - 3:43 pm
Are the new civs any good?

Are there plans to add them to Voobly?

I think it would lead to a whole new era of AoC. If they shake up the formulas and add new civs it would probably bring back alot of players. Atleast a tiny mini new era.

Not sure if its worth the effort, but it does seem like this game is still kinda active.

Even on Steam it looks like no one is playing the new civs. They probably released them a little too late. They should have kept releasing new civs and game changes every few years instead of waiting 10 years.

[Fr']Wolf_silver

Posted 26 September 2016 - 4:49 pm
news civs is just unbalenced ethiopians and portugese in my point of view are too strong
 [RoR]Kamigawa

Posted 26 September 2016 - 5:06 pm
news civs is just unbalenced ethiopians and portugese in my point of view are too strong

i dont think thats the reason...like aztecs mayans huns arent unbalances
i think nobody plays those new civs cause its very difficult to find an opponent
 [B3N1T0]AzeRat

Posted 26 September 2016 - 8:20 pm
In intermediate ladder should put the new civs rofl
 [MaJoR]_Wolf_

Posted 23 October 2016 - 5:52 am
I cant believe there are 9 new civs and we are not playing them on voobly.

What is the real reason?
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 23 October 2016 - 6:21 am
Adds to the imbalance of the game. IE more chance to end up with a civ that is over powered in one regard or under powered in another.

The expansions are available in the mod section.

People can't be that bothered to learn how to use them and are generally too scared to be shown up. IE to go back to being inter/rook with these new civs that would take months to master.

But you can try hosting your own games and get people playing them. Also the expansions and the game wasn't really meant to be played in post-imperial with DM resources, that was more like a easy mode for single player games etc. So much unbalance in the latter stages of the game.

[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts
Raccourcis de forum
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests